About Kylie Slavik
Posts by Kylie Slavik:
We’ve already established you are here for a reason…
That your gifts are needed…
That it’s your time to step up.
Let’s look at why visionaries DON’T STEP UP so we can go ahead and just clear that out of your consciousness before the webinar. (And seriously, it breaks our heart when this happens… you came here to do something great… and it’s about WAY MORE than just you!)
1. Self doubt. The message for visionaries has always been “you don’t fit in here, go home.” Even though you KNOW the power of your own potential, other people’s voices are sometimes louder.
2. Money Issues. Corporations are destroying the rainforests, the oceans, the land, trampling over human rights and it sucks. It has made a lot of us just want to stay in bed or stay intoxicated a few more days. Overwork, overachieve, or just NUMB. It definitely gives money and business a bad name. You’ve sometimes struggled with your own unlimited abundance, punishing yourself for other people’s atrocious behavior. But your people need you to move through this, so you can help them, and we can all grow.
3. You long for home and this ain’t it! If you know the bliss and love of where you came from, and this ain’t it – you might not feel like fully investing yourself in your mission. The thing is though, you knew all of this before you got here, and you agreed to be here. You won’t get home any faster by avoiding your great work. And the world will miss out on the key to evolution that only you have tucked away in your heart for this exact moment NOW.
4. Fear frequency feeding There are beings here who don’t want you to succeed in your mission! They know that you bringing more love and abundance through your gifts into the world (especially as more and more of us do it!) leaves them without the false sense of security they derive from eons of conquest. So they blast you with bad news, bad food, and well… you get the picture. Then you feel fear that isn’t even yours. And that stops you from doing what you are here to do.
5. Addiction Empaths, visionaries, sensitives and lightworkers are more prone to addiction than most. That’s because we know what things COULD be like, and get anxious and depressed about what they ARE like. But numbing won’t help.
6. Other people’s problems You want to love everybody. You want to help everybody! And sometimes your best intentions get you stuck in other people’s problems. Unhealthy relationships, drama or getting caught in other’s expectations, agendas and desires can weigh you down.
7. You’ve been tricked and duped and don’t know who to trust. You’ve gone from mentor to mentor. You’ve done it all. It didn’t work. You feel frustrated and ready to go back to a J-O-B that you don’t love, or possibly still at one. You know you are meant for more. You just don’t see it happening. And if you can’t see it, you won’t create it. We plan to show you how to break this cycle for good. It starts with trusting YOU, even after being hurt and having your trust broken over and over again.
If you identify with even ONE of these, you are in the right place.
It’s in getting to know your WHY, and then mastering your HOW that you can move through all of these with ease.
We’ll talk about this in the webinar – we’re starting in an hour and while there will be a replay, if you come live you can interact with us live, which we both LOVE.
Kylie & Mike
Across cultures, time and space humans have told a consistent story with a clear theme.
This “monomyth” was coined the Hero’s Journey by the great comparative mythologist Joseph Campbell.
The Hero’s Journey is the story you’ve seen many times where an ordinary man or woman (think Dorothy, Luke Skywalker or William Wallace) living in an ordinary world is called to something greater. They have to defend their land, save someone’s life or attain some mystical treasure that will help their people.
Once their great “call” is revealed, they immediately refuse it. Their self doubt creeps in. They don’t want to do it, and they don’t think they can do it. Then they meet a mentor who gives them some “magical object” or “special knowledge” which enables them to step into the heroic aspects of their psyche, and complete the mission they are chosen for.
If this is the story we flock to in novels, movies, art and even spirituality… why would we NOT use it in marketing?
Here’s how to start (your results will speak for themselves!)
- Define what your ideal client/customer’s ordinary world looks like. What are their unique challenges, what do they struggle with, in what ways are they living far less than their potential?
- Understand their call to adventure. In what way is their world depending on them to become great? What is at stake if they don’t?
- Become the MENTOR that gives them what they need to be heroic. Many brands try to be the hero, be the mentor instead.
Instead of typical marketing sequences where we try to trigger people into certain behaviors with fear, scarcity and false urgency… empower them with the Hero’s Journey Story Structure. Show them that through working with you, they can become the great version of themselves the world needs.
Most Spirit Led Entrepreneurs lead with intuition and inner guidance, which is great – and we encourage you to!
There’s also a time and place for metrics and research and deeply understanding your audience needs.
It’s helpful to speak to at least 5 of your clients/customers (the dream ones you want to attract more of) before spending any money or marketing campaigns or putting together a new offer.
Here are some questions WE ASK to get to know our audience really well – note this is in the business space – if you are in the health niche or relationships or selling products in another space you will want to alter these questions to fit who you are speaking to:
- Basic demographic information: Geographic location, gender, relationship status, financial status.
- How did you hear about us?
- What are your short and long term goals?
- What are your obstacles to achieving those goals?
- What are you willing to invest to achieve them?
- What are you passionate about?
- What are you afraid of?
- What is the message you have for the world?
- What would your life look like with no limiters?
- Where do you spend your time online?
- Do you have other coaches/mentors? Who?
- What programs have you taken?
- What value do you want to get out of working together?
- Would you invest in our programs/mentorship – why or why not?
- What dreams are burning inside you that you must create before you die?
- How truly important is that to you?
- Are you willing to take action around it?
- How else can we help you?
Once you ask at least 5 clients/customers this you will see very distinct patterns, which will upward spiral your marketing efforts by making them more specific, more relevant, and on target. Even if you think it sounds ridiculous, we challenge you to try it and let us know what you’ve learned.
The industry standard for email open rates that I’ve seen is depressingly low at about 8-12%. If someone gives you their name and email, that’s a true gift and honor. What YOU do with it is entirely up to YOU.
When someone indicates they want something you have by opting in, but don’t open your emails, something is off.
Digital Empathy is a term that means two things to me (I hope you expand on what it means for you):
- The content you send fits the form and function of the platform.
- You actually CARE about who you are talking to! (and what they care about… Hint: this cannot be faked!)
Number 2 just means CARE. Hopefully I don’t have to explain that one.
What does it mean for your emails to fit the form and function of the platform?
Well… What do YOU want to receive in YOUR INBOX?
Probably communications from friends, family, loved ones, and business communications that actually mean something to you.
Send THAT to your list! Be significant in their lives.
Subject lines should not be all markety and hyped up. Your audience will categorize you as “marketer” and you will have to try harder and harder for attention, getting louder and louder and more inauthentic until their attention eventually goes elsewhere.
Start sending emails that are immediately relevant to your audience’s life. This is not a TACTIC this is a mode of communication that builds long term relationships and results.
If you don’t know what they care about… FIND OUT! Ask them. Plain and simple. Then deliver it.
When you do this they will be part of your mission, community and life… and they will feel like they are opening a personal email when they hear from you. Which gets more opens, replies, sales and helps you bring your vision into the world more powerfully.